Monday, April 7, 2008

An Offer I Can't Refuse

For the next year (2008-2009) my school needs a lot more Algebra 1 teachers. There so desperate that they've offered to pay the current teachers a bonus to take on an additional class. That would mean teaching four classes instead of three and not having a scheduled professional period for planning and grading.

On the one hand, I have a baby coming this summer and would love to be able to help out and play with him or her as much as possible. On the other hand, I have a baby coming this summer and would love to be able to clothe and shelter him or her.

Add in that Monkey-Girl will be in her senior year and she and I will both be traveling to interview for new jobs. Now factor in the added costs of childcare.

We've got some thinking and praying to do. (Help!)

No comments: