Wednesday, November 12, 2008

LOSER!


Here it is, ladies and gentlemen. I am here to confess that I am officially a big, big loser.

You'll notice that the NaNoWriMo chart has been taken down. I'm out. I give up. I'm throwing in the towel. I was going strong for a while. I made my daily word count goals for a week straight, but I was a wreck. My time at home with Phoebe and Monkey-Girl was stressed. I Wasn't sleeping enough and my time teaching was suffering.

The founder of NaNoWriMo published a book No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days. Well, low-stress it was not.

My time writing wasn't a total loss. I now have 10,000 words of original fiction generated by myself. That's the most writing I've done in years!I guess I'll have to try again next year when Phoebe isn't such a handful.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Let the jeers begin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No jeers, you tried and that in itself was great.
Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

hey bro, best of luck to you in your future creative adventures.

Gamer Queen said...

Hey, just giving it a shot is awesome. And maybe you'll finish the novel in your own time.

Love you guys,
Auntie E

Unknown said...

BUMMER! But don't stop writing, maybe 10 pages a week...keep it going.

Josh