Friday, June 22, 2007

Belated Birthdays

Well, I couldn't get on the internet yesterday so I have a little bit of catching up to do today. So, without further ado, here are my birthday acknowledgements:

1) Star Wars turned thirty on May 25th. (I know, I know. I said I had some catching up to do.) Today's image is from an actual movie poster released in 1978 to commemorate the film's one-year "birthday." Only theaters showing the film for one year straight were sent these. You can imagine the price they now command. (You'll have to be content with imagining as I'm a little too lazy to look it up.)

2) My mother-in-law's birthday was yesterday. I called and left her a birthday message on her answering machine. She had to work on her birthday. I'm a recent convert to the sanctity of birthdays and think that this is a very sad situation. (My own birthday being so close to an actual holiday shields me from more birth/workdays than most.) Despite the fates conspiring against her, Mom 2 had a nice birthday due, in part, to a bit of news we delivered to her:

3) My niece was born yesterday! I haven't seen her yet, but a reliable source (Mom 1) tells me she is beautiful. My brother is, as expected, a very proud papa. We'll be receiving photos of Monkey-Toes soon. (My niece apparently has long toes that just can't stop wiggling. Awesome!) I can now be referred to as Uncle Penguin Poet. No, that's too easy to shorten to Uncle P. P.

I'm going back to cruise the 'net as Monkey-Girl has some more catching up to do as she was called away earlier for a "pastoral emergency." Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte is beautiful! But she has to be; she's a Schnaare. And I call her the Chuckster just to peeve off mom. It's awesome...

See you soon Uncle P.P.!

Aunt GamerQueen

Unknown said...

Peeving Off Mom: an American Classic.