Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

No, no, Penguin Postings hasn't been around for fifty-two weeks quite yet. Monkey-Girl and I have been "one flesh" for 312 weeks. That's right, exactly six years ago today we were married.

Things have changed a lot in that time. I'm no longer a bartender just six credits shy of his bachelor's degree. Monkey-Girl is no longer a frustrated office worker. We're no longer "stuck" in south-eastern Wisconsin. Even our plans have changed. Monkey-Girl is no longer on the path to opera stardom. I am no longer without plans.

We've helped each other dream big, and achieve! Monkey-Girl got me through completing my first bachelor's and a second major. I, in-turn, helped her into starting her own vocal instruction business. God has led us on an exciting path so far and there's no reason to think He's done with us yet.

A constant throughout has been our comfort with relying on one another. We could not have made this journey individually and we know we would both be diminished if we were separated. In short we're still in love!

Another constant: monkeys.

No comments: