Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shower in a Box

Today marks Monkey-Girl's first shower back in Wisconsin. My mom, feeling I might be missing out, sent down what I'm calling a shower in a box. I took many pictures and will now subject you to viewing them all. Click on any thumbnail to view a larger image. It begins!


Here it is. The SIAB measures 19x13X8 offering an impressive 1.27 cubic feet of interior space. It's not too heavy for its size. That's a relief considering Monkey-Girl had to lug this beast to the car on her own.




Careful use of a kitchen knife reveals the well-packed glory of SIAB.






The pre-shower spread.







What would a shower be without snacks? My mom knows her audience too. We have Valentine heart shaped SweeTarts and Airheads Sours. I have to say 100% of the guests loved the snacks.





A lovely card . . .







. . . with a lovely inscription.

















Socks.







Hooded blankets. Thus begins the theme of yellow. As we're not finding out the baby's gender until he or she is delivered, we're going to be getting a lot of gender neutral colors.













Four sets of footie pyjamas, including an appropriately sized Halloween set. (My mother LOVES Halloween. You don't even know.)





Diaper pins. Yes, we're using cloth. (Hippies.)







Yellow washcloths. I hope baby likes duckies.







Many onesies! Featured are two Greenbay Packer sets and one set stating "I mickey-mouse-head Grandma". Rest assured, Mom, baby will definitely mickey-mouse-head you.





Winnie the Pooh crib sheet. Yes!








Matching blankets. I like the instructions on how to wrap baby up like a burrito.















A Halloween costume. A dalmatian? Perhaps a cow . . . .















The miscellaneous section. Plugs for electric outlets. (Our baby shouldn't have curly hair anyway.) A monkey rattle. (Have it!) And a ghost rattle. (Mom, Mom, Mom . . .)






This one's for me. I love Dr. Seuss. I'm not as familiar with Hop on Pop, but Monkey-Girl likes to say the title when encouraging Mercutio to jump on me. I also like that when buying these sets the proceeds go to children's' hospitals.




Wow! That's a lot of stuff. It was fun to have my own little shower, just me and the cat. It was also fun to put together this report. Thank you for the thought and the gifts, Mom.

I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the virtual shower and had a great time. Thanks for inviting me!