Sunday, June 22, 2008

Confessions of a Goof-Off

Forty-eight days since an update? What kind of a blogger am I? I would argue that I'm not a blogger at all. A blogger, by definition, blogs. Maybe I'm something else then. A goof-off perhaps. You see, the "drive" to blog is in fact more of a way of not doing something I aught to be. With my teaching duties done, I now have much less to put off. Therefore, the desire to blog has been lessened.

We are about two week from baby's due date. There is very little left for us to do. Most of our days have been spent waiting and watching terrible movies on basic cable. (Even Mr. and Mrs. Smith loses something after the forth time in a fortnight.) Monkey-Girl is not sleeping very well which is causing me to not sleep well. As a result, our new bedtime has shifted to 3:00 am.

When the situation calls for it (like Unforgiven coming on . . . again) I turn to one of my distractions du jour. Ladies and gentlemen, I present the (likely) unholy pairing of Transformers cross stitch and Dungeons & Dragons, 4th edition.

I've been working on this cross stitch project for just about a year now. Mostly it's sat in a bag while I've occasionally thought about maybe working on it. Something gave me the crazy idea of trying to finish it before baby got here. You know, I just might.

D&D, 4E, as the cool kids are calling it, is quite the upgrade. I'm plodding my way through the Player's Handbook currently. The plodding is entirely on me. The book is very readable and well laid out. The regular players of D&D I know all like what they see in this new edition. The occasional players have been mostly negative. I am in the former category and am no exception. I won't bore you with details. It's just very fun.

That's all for tonight. I'll try to update again soon. We'll see what baby has to say about that. Who knows maybe I can call myself a blogger again someday.

No comments: