Sunday, June 29, 2008

Preparing for Fatherhood

I have to rise above my own expectations of what dignity is.

On Thursday, Monkey-Girl and I were visiting the OB. I had to bar the door against No-Knocky the interrupting physician. Then Dr. N-K suggested that we try natural ways to induce labor. We can take walks. Poor Monkey-Girl would not look too dignified doing this.

We were also told of semen's oxytocin producing property. Being prescribed to administer this particular labor inducer was another shot to our dignity.

My personal way of inducing labor? Make plans. As soon as someone is counting on Monkey-Girl and/or me to do something at a particular time, the cosmic rulebook states that we cannot be there.

At the very least, I'll have something to do while I'm waiting.

1 comment:

Gamer Queen said...

OMG! Ha Ha Ha!

Anyways, stay sane and healthy. I love you guys!

Auntie E