Monday, June 23, 2008

New Things

I thought I'd try a new look for the website. Monkey-Girl thinks it's cute. I suppose I do too. I'm toying with making it my homepage. That way I'll be reminded to post more often. We'll see if it actually works.

Sometime last week Monkey-Girl suggested we have stuffed peppers for dinner soon. Stuffed peppers are not a dish I grew up with and so it wasn't until adulthood that I experienced them. My first outing was significantly marred by the presence of my mortal enemy, the tomato. (The FDA has put out warnings about these evil berries. It's about time.)

Always up for a culinary challenge, I dove in. The result, shown above, was delightful. I think I will seek out more ways to cook food inside of other foods. It'll be fun.

Cross Stitch Update: I'm about to run out of the dark-brown embroidery floss I'm using. The local Wal-Mart no longer carries embroidery floss. This throws a wrench into my dreams of actually finishing a cross stitch project before my baby is born.

Edit: I just remembered! I did a little project for my in-laws some years back when I was first dating Monkey-Girl. So I guess I have finished a cross stitch project at some point in my life.

Wow. That kind of makes the hustle I've been putting on seem ridiculous. What am I saying? How could anything about about a Transformers cross stitch project be ridiculous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No tomatoes huh? Well, we all have those things we hate. Like me, I hate cherries. The peppers do look wonderful.....