Monday, December 29, 2008

There and Back Again


We witnessed over two feet of snowfall before Christmas while back in Wisconsin. It was lovely. Shown above is Racine's famous Wind Point lighthouse. Always lovely.

Monkey-Girl is now a deacon. I guess that means she'll need a new handle on this blog. Please post suggestions. The ordination service was wonderful. She was invited to serve at St. Michael's Church for the midnight mass on Christmas Eve. That was beautiful. All of my disappointments with All Saints' service were satisfied in that event. I'll never forget holding a sleeping Phoebe while singing "Silent Night" by candlelight in my home parish while my wife served in her first full service.

All in all it was a terrific trip and I have a ton of stories to tell. We're still unpacking, but I'll tell you more tomorrow.