Monday, February 9, 2009

Why I'm Not Blogging, part 2: Technical Difficulties

Even awesome clearance cameras have their shortcomings. Apparently, the rechargeable lithium ion battery powering said camera can only be recharged about 400 times in two and a half years. The battery can't charge the flash and so the camera won't take a picture.

It's not as fun blogging without pictures and stealing other people's pics gets old. That doesn't even touch the mounting disappointment caused by the lack of new Phoebe photo content

Monkey-Girl and I took a trip to Best Buy to pick up some technological necessities. They were able to diagnose the problem, but they didn't carry the battery. This is illustrative of my camera issue overall. I've occasionally made progress, but it has been immediately been followed by disappointment.

That's why this has been dragged out for more than two months.

Fear not, faithful reader, I've just placed on order for a replacement battery. I even sprang for priority shipping. (I just can't trust a shipping service named Rite Way. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. Those kinds of problems are so frustrating! But when I think back to the old days, we had to go to the store, pay for prints and mail them. Frankly, it hardly ever happened, so we're still way ahead. Take care and give each other hugs from all of us out there. Love, Gramma Berger

Anonymous said...

Cann't wait for the battery to come. I NEED pictures of Phoebe.
Hugs and kisses to all. Happy Valentine's Day.
Love, Grammy