Monday, July 19, 2010

Two Flippers Up for Ancestor!


Scott Sigler's new book Ancestor is a great read and well worth your cash.

If you like a fast-paced horror story than you CANNOT go wrong with Sigler, the self-described Future Dark Øverlord TM.

Full disclosure, if you click the link I might win a prize for promoting the book. I can honestly say that I recommend this and his other books, Infectious, and Contagious.

Besides, the FDØ TM is one of the hardest working people in New Media. He's been podcasting for "28 STRAIGHT YEARS!" Doesn't that deserve a little recognition?

4 comments:

Gamer Queen said...

I haven't picked up _Ancestor_ yet, but yes, his first two were amazing and fairly quick reads. I followed your links and I hope you win the prize! *fingers crossed*

And I didn't even realize there were podcasts 28 years ago. That truly is amazing!

Unknown said...

Scott Sigler is full of it. (It's his thing.) He's got this whole mock-uber-machismo thing going on. That's how he claims to have been podcasting for "28 STRAIGHT YEARS!" (Read caps as yelling.) He was an early adopter, but his earliest podcasts go back to 2006.

Sorry to spread the deception . . . or am I?

Gamer Queen said...

I don't think you're sorry to spread the "deception." =-) If he's been recording his shit for 28 years, then who are we to judge his internet machismo?

I'll pick up a copy of his book at the local library. (Woot woot libraries! My bread and butter in the future!) I totally trust your recommendation, as you showed me the way to his first book. I usually can't handle horror, but for some reason in a written format I love it. Thank you, oh Wise Jedi brother!

Unknown said...

I just looked it up to be sure. He started podcasting Earth Core in 2005. So the "28 STRAIGHT YEARS" bull-crap is just that. Don't get me wrong. I love the little bald freak. He's an NFC North fan (poor Lions).

I think he's just a few years older than me though. In 1982 (28 years ago) he would have been around ten years old. I do not think he was recording podcasts on his Apple IIe in anticipation of Al Gores's invention, the internet.

Still, little dude is giving it away for free. You've got to respect that.