Saturday, March 5, 2011

Eighth Weigh-In

The time-honored tradition of adding a hole to one's belt as one loses weight played out once again in our kitchen. Additionally, a pair of jeans has been retired. They are being washed and dried in anticipation of their donation. Digging though some formerly "too small" clothes has revealed a couple pairs of "on deck" jeans.

Mthr. M-G suggested that we start putting away a weekly allowance to spend on our "skinny wardrobe". I have mixed feelings about that far-off day. It will be great to have arrived at my goal, but I HATE clothes shopping. (You know all about it, Mom.) Perhaps I can hire a team of fashion lovers interested in outfitting a middle-aged, math teacher with an affinity for LEGOs and Transformers.

I had another big loss this week.  I'm into a new "decade of weight". (The world needs a word for a period of ten that isn't necessarily attached to years . . . maybe not.) I now have less than a hundred pounds to lose! Yeah, I'm excited. Next week I should have a really neat new achievement to post. See you then.

2 comments:

Gamer Queen said...

Oh I am sooooooo proud of you! I'm no fashionista, but I can dress a man who needs some jeans and a decent shirt or two. (Just ask the husband...) If M-G honestly needs my opinion, I am but a happy phone call away.

My pom poms have yet to get the least bit dusty, and for that you get my heartiest, most loving applause! Go bro! C25K is assured!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! And my friend Rita and I call that getting into the new neighborhood when we get into a different decade :)I did last week, but I'm fighting to stay there! Once again you and your lovely sister have inspired me :)hs