Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eleventh Weigh-In

So this is how I look now. Yup, I even dyed my hair and beard. 
No, not really. I'm doing well, but not miraculously. I lost another two pounds this week in spite of not tracking my intake well. I can thank my new walking schedule for that I'm sure.

Instead of trying to become a runner I've decided to focus on burning calories. Longer, slower workouts are what I need. I try to get in a total of one hour of speed walking (3.5 mph or faster) six days a week. That ends up being nearly 3500 calories burned each week. A pound of fat contains 3500 calories. Even if I wasn't eating any differently I'd lose a pound a week!

SCIENCE!!

The picture is my character in City of Heroes the massively multi-player online role-playing game. I downloaded a free seven-day trial to pass the time during spring break.  That may explain the lateness of this update.  Speaking of which I have to go.  There's a city to save.

2 comments:

Gamer Queen said...

*high five*

I'm starting WW on Friday, and since you're doing so well at it, it sounds like I'll try walking that much as well.

Go us!

Unknown said...

Walking an hour a day has been easier than I thought it would be. I started out doing 30 min in the morn and 30 at night. I'll go back to that when classes start up again next week. An ipod makes the time fly by. (Steal your husband's.)