Friday, April 1, 2011

Twelfth Weigh-In

I love walking.  I've got a couple of reasons.  First, I have more energy throughout the day. 

Second, I'm catching up a on a new (to me) podcast.  The Metamor City Podcast is a long-running science fiction/fantasy podcast.  Chris Lester has created a traditional epic fantasy world (think Lord of the Rings) and advanced it a thousand years or so.  In this world where magic and technology have advanced hand-in-hand several short stories and novels have been and are currently being written.  At about an hour per episode it suits my walks quite well.

The biggest reason walking is so great is that it saved me from myself.  I decided to give myself a pass on Tuesday this week.  I could eat anything I wanted.  It turned out that I wanted a six-piece Original Recipe chicken strip meal from Kentucky Fried Chicken.  That includes a biscuit and two sides.  I chose mashed potatoes and gravy and potato wedges.  After taking a in a mother lode of fat and carbohydrates two days before my weigh-in, I still lost!  It wasn't a big loss, but it was certainly more than I deserved after doing what I did.

This weekend is going to be crazy and the prep for it was a factor in my decision to give myself a pass.  Next week I start a new quarter at the tech. school so I should be able to get my intake back under control.  Think of the amazing things I'll be able to do with a reasonable diet AND exercise!  It's going to be crazy.

1 comment:

Gamer Queen said...

It is going to be crazy. Crazy FREAKING AWESOME! Have a great week bro, and I'll do my best to do the same.

Love you guys!
Aunt E, officially 28