Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tenth Weigh-In (St. Patrick's Day)


I seem to have bounced back from last week's shortened and disappointing week. In fact, I've mostly made up for last week, and earned a new achievement. That's right! I've lost a Phoebe. That is, I have lost as much as my daughter weighs. It's crazy that the two of us on the scale at the same time weigh less than I did by myself ten weeks ago.

Today is St. Patrick's Day and a perfect illustration of how I have been able to lose weight without denying myself. We had corned beef and cabbage and boiled potatoes. I even made Irish soda bread. I just used our awesome digital scale to dish up reduced portions. Three ounces of corned beef is very satisfying.

Also, just in case she wasn't the coolest wife ever, Mthr. M-G made me a knock-off Shamrock Shake (R). She used skim milk and non-fat icecream, but the substitutions did not ruin my joy at reuniting with my old friend. As you can see, the portion was controlled as well. Ten ounces of creamy green delight is just enough to scratch that minty itch.

Mthr. M-G, I think Uncle O'Grimacey would be proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

Gamer Queen said...

Woohoo! I'm still so proud of you and your continued efforts towards personal wellness!

High five, keep it up, and I love you! And an additional high five to Mother M-G for the fab shamrock shake(r) knockoff!