Tuesday, September 4, 2007

BIG Announcement

I've come to the decision that this week (Monday to Sunday, how European of me!) will be Monkey-Girl week. I'll be dedicating each post to some wonderful aspect of my better half. Why? 'Cause.

So, why does today's entry feature a couple of toys? Well, this is an archive photo of the present Monkey-Girl got for me while in Florida. When I returned from my visit to Wisconsin this summer, I opened the trunk to drop my luggage in when what should I discover but the object of my childhood's unanswered prayer: the Imperial Walker a.k.a. AT-AT.

When I was a little penguin, this thing was ALWAYS on my wish list. I never got it. My assumption is that it was just too darn expensive. I shared this little tidbit with Monkey-Girl once. (When you've known someone for over 10 years, there's little they DON'T know about you.)

I guess she must have missed me. She actually went into Toys 'R' Us (WHAT!?!) and lugged this huge box up to the counter. When asked why, she said that she wanted me to know how much she appreciated all that I did for her this summer. Wow!

Knowing how much my toy collecting is "tolerated" by Monkey-Girl, and how pricey this thing is, I can only say I'm floored. This is the greatest physical gift anyone has ever given me.

Yet, the AT-AT had fallen victim to it's original and greatest flaw. It's just too expensive. I couldn't keep it and not feel guilty about it. Monkey-Girl understood how torn I was and gave me permission to do what I felt was necessary. We returned it from whence it came.

I made sure to take a ton of pictures. This one features my 12-inch tall Optimus Prime for size comparison. (The AT-AT could totally kick any one on my Transformers' asses.)

Thank you, Monkey-Girl!

No comments: