Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Season New Recipe

I really like fall. The weather is just right. It gets dark early. There's football. I can't list all the reasons here and I have more important things to do.

In honor of a friend, I tried my hand at making pumpkin soup. Wow! It's fun and easy to make. It tastes great. It's healthy. Most importantly, it gives me an excuse to buy pumpkins.

Buying pumpkins makes it feel like Halloween which makes it feel like my birthday's just around the corner which makes it feel like Christmas which makes this a very long sentence.

Another post with no misspellings and it's the twelfth in a month. Every thing's coming up penguin_poet!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I get the recipe? I love me some pumpkins. You made this from scratch?! OooOoooo

Suchitra said...

Were did you get that recipe

Unknown said...

I think I did a search on allrecipes.com.

I usually check out several recipes for the same dish and pick out my favorite techniques.

I've made pumpkin soup several times since this post. I tend to roast two pie pumpkins, a quarted onion, and several garlic cloves. I then put all of that in a stock pot with a big can of chicken broth and put the stick blender to it. I then heat it through seasoning to taste. Last, I mix in a pint of 1/2 & 1/2.

good luck.