Saturday, September 1, 2007

We Went to a Luau. Dealt with THAT!

To kick things off (yet again), the seminary threw a good, old-fashioned, Tennessee-mountain-top, luau. The meat was barbecued, the decorations were kitchy, and we were all festooned in Hawaiian prints.

It was nice to talk to my friends within the community. (Thank you Eric for the title to this post.) I made plans to play HeroScape with Gordon on Monday. The brisket was delicious. My "dish to pass" was complimented. It was a really nice time.

As for the picture, I completely acknowledge its offensiveness. I choose to deal with it by appreciating the artist's chosen aesthetic. I see that it draws its inspiration from a more naive time. I'm okay with it.

How will you deal with it? You have to deal with it. You can't not deal with it. Can you?

No comments: