Monday, March 23, 2009

My Culinary Obsession

Part cooking show. Part Bill Nye the Science Guy. Part sit-com. All brilliant. You must check out Good Eats.

The host, Alton Brown, began his career as a successful cinematographer and video producer. Then in his early thirties he decided to reinvent himself . He attended cooking school, took his video production knowledge, and created the show Good Eats.

I love this show.

Phoebe has been going to bed earlier since the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. That's great because now she's down and out in time for Alton. Yay!

Monkey-Girl jokes that I have a man-crush on Mr. Brown. I laugh it off and suppress a tear when I think that we'll be moving further away from Good Eats' headquarters in Atlanta, GA.

Why must seminary end?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, with the magic of television, you and Mr. Brown can live happily ever after, whether you live close by or far away...AND, thanks for the great picture update. Wonderful shots. Enjoy your break. Gramma Berger

Unknown said...

Yeah, but he lives in my home town! We like to watch Good Eats too, esp since he commonly shops where we used to. Also, in the early episodes you can see one of my former classmates from high school doing walk on work with Alton.

Gamer Queen said...

Good Eats is awesome! Aaron and I watch it every chance we get. I especially love it when Alton dresses up like an old southern gentlemen. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures of my GRANDdaughter. Enjoy the break.Hope to see you soon. Grammy