Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Relationship Rewind

We saw Jeffrey when Monkey-Girl and I were first dating. Twelve years later we watched it again.

It's a wonderful movie about a gay man living in New York who decides to give up sex rather than face the realities of AIDS. He immediately meets a wonderful guy whom he finds out is HIV positive. The rest of the film is a witty and caring exploration of life and love and our need for both.

The acting, especially Patrick Stewart, is great. The cameos are fun in a mid-nineties sense. I'd forgotten how much I liked this movie. I owned the VHS!

Monkey-Girl and I have changed. Our relationship has changed. It was fun rediscovering this movie and finding how it fits into our latest sensibilities. Monkey-Girl even found a pastoral moment she thought would be a challenge.

No comments: