Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daphne!


I had promised that my blog would still have some fun stuff to go along with the weekly weigh-ins. So, as promised:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAPHNE!

My youngest niece is now one year old. She is awesome. She always seems to be happy no matter what's going on around her. In short, she is the reason I don't dread the idea of having a second child.

She has an older sister, Charlotte, so she's pretty well set for anything a one year old may need. Her mom and dad have asked for NO PRESENTS. With a child of my own, I can understand that. There's too much junk in the house already and she'll never get a chance to wear all the clothes she's already got.

However . . . .

What little girl doesn't need an adorable little High Priest of the Deep Old Ones? Just look at Cthulhu there. He's so happy to bring about the destruction of the cosmos as all of humanity is sacrificed to his unquenchable hunger. Imagine how cute he and Daphne will be running, hand-in-claw, through my brother's house.

I made him up last week and sent him on his way along with some oyster crackers. (It's a long trip.) He should be arriving today, just in time for Daphne's big day.

I found the crochet pattern for "Cuddly Cthulhu" at Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins, one of my favorite quirky crafting sites. You can get the free pattern for yourself here.

1 comment:

Gamer Queen said...

Awww! He is so adorable!

Uncle Penguin, you are super awesome!