Monday, April 2, 2007

Affix Propper Postage, You Will


2007 marks the thirtieth anniversary of the release of Star Wars. Back then that's all there was to it. No A New Hope. No Episode . . . whatever. Just Star Wars.

The United States Postal Service and George Lucas have teamed up to give us a set of fifteen commemorative stamps. The stamps will be offered as a single sheet and represent the entire series of films. They will be released on May 25th, after the two-cent price hike.

Here is Yoda in all his glory. This is the Yoda I remember from my youth. The Empire Strikes Back was my world when I was four. My room was a shrine to the movie. My grandma made me an oil painting of this image for my birthday or Christmas. Yoda has always been the pinnacle of cool to me.

We, the postal consumers, get to vote one which of the fifteen stamps will be made into a full sheet of its own. We get to decide which stamp gets made! This is only the second time in history we've been given this power. (Remember the Elvis stamp?)

You can guess which one I'm voting for. Head on over to usps.com to check them out and vote for your favorite.

Happy birthday, Elizabeth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the happy Birthday!

I do plan on buying the stamps when they come out, and, of course, I voted for the classic Yoda. Yoda is the definition of BAMF, in my opinion. Love you lots!

Unknown said...

I hear you had a great time. I'm glad. I miss you very much. Did you get my Transformer picture?

Anonymous said...

Yes I did. I thought it was funny. And yeah, my birthday was a blast except after I got home. (All the Energon came back up...)

I miss you too. Say hi to Anne for me. Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I posted my comment on the wrong entry. I am special.