Sunday, April 1, 2007

It's April, Fool!


I'm sorry. It's been way too long since I've posted. I'm going to go ahead and blame this on the fact that I lost my image editing software. Yeah, that's it.

It's Palm Sunday. Just one week 'til I can gorge myself on candy! It'll be weird to go back to school on Easter Monday. Normally, we had spring break coincide with the week after Easter. We've already had our spring break here. Monkey-Girl's spring "break" was at the same time, but she had so much work to do she was working every day. We did see 300, though, so I can't complain too much.

There's only about seven weeks of school left. We teachers are scrambling to get our students ready for the Tennessee Gateway Exams. Basically, some very high stakes tests. (Failure means no diploma for the student and enough failures mean "Targeted" status for the school.)

The weather here is gorgeous. I'm running the airconditioner in my classroom everyday. Each evening here is just begging to be walked in. I think I will.

No comments: