Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Little Inspiration

The pun is completely intentional.

I am one of the few people on the internet to have purchased this action figure without any irony. If you know me at all, you know I love toys. A few years ago I was reading through Toy Fare, a magazine devoted to . . . uh . . . toys. I saw this figure and others from the line posed with some sophomoric caption. Looking to my toy shelf and seeing a significant lack of messiahs, I rushed to secure my very own son of man.

I've got to say that even though it isn't the focus of any toy display of mine, my occasional glance this figure's way results in a smile and lightened heart every time.

Train Up A Child, Inc. sells the above Jesus action figure along with a host (again, the pun is intentional) of other biblical action figures. The six-inch scale figures are available in light and dark skinned varieties for $6.95.

There were other Jesus action figures out there, but most of those didn't seem to have the same intentionality. Hopefully your search for a plastic savior replica will offer more variety with the same respect.

No comments: