Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Back!!

My laptop is back up and running. That means I'll be posting regularly again. It also means that I can get the web comic back up to speed.

It's amazing how much we can come to rely on technology. These last ten days without a computer in my living room have been different to say the least. I've actually experienced a sense of disconnection. My creativity has been held back. I've had to walk into the office to check my email!!!

Sarcasm aside it wasn't all bad. I read the entirety of Stephen Ambrose's Band of Brothers. I was able to plot out a fun Valentine's Day for Monkey-Girl. I also got to play with my Transformers toys instead of just taking pictures of them.

Besides my world being turned upside down due to my computer being weird, life did continue. I had bus duty this week which meant I had to get up an hour earlier each day. For some reason this has made me a zombie all week by around 9 o'clock. I took a nap as soon as I got home today which is the only reason I'm now awake to type this.

On Wednesday, Valentine's Day, it was snowing in the morning. I checked the school system's website. School was on. (I thought maybe Tennesseans were cowboying up.) I sat through bus duty. I listened through announcements. As I was prepping during first block I noticed the busses returning. The Board of Education was calling off school as of 9:30 am. Since my first class started at 9:37, I basically got the day off.



This picture was lifted from the district website. I have to admit snow is pretty. Maybe it's just prettier when your not in Wisconsin were the snow doesn't just go way because you look at it crossly.

No comments: