Sunday, March 4, 2007

Descent: God Loves Me


Here is my new joy. Its name: Descent. Its subtitle: Journeys in the Dark. Its mission: rock board gamers' faces right off.

This game has everything. Miniature heroes figures, custom dice, not-so-miniature monster figures (they'll give you nightmares), a customizable board, and eleventy billion punch-out pieces.

The game is moderately easy to learn and is a wonderful way to pass time with a group of geeky males. Anytime you can get high-fived for rolling some dice to simulate an orc's untimely demise, you know you're in a good place.

I picked up the game back in December when I was home for the holidays. I had a coupon granting me 50% off its already discounted price. "Have it!" We finally cracked open this gift from Jesus yesterday. Now I'm beating myself up for the lost ten weeks I've blindly lived not having experienced its wonder.

I'm so into the awesomeness of this game that I've renewed my once-abandoned quest to get Monkey-Girl to regularly play board games with me. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: