Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Soda is Prime


The pun may be unforgivable, but it's also irresistible.

I cannot put into mere words the joy my discovery of fresh Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash has wrought. I expressed my undying love for this beverage last year, but its limited edition status makes it a rare treat off-season. I confess to having saved a 12-pack from last year until mid-June. There was even a tear in my eye as we pulled into my mother's garage last week and I found a ten month old 2-liter of this stuff gazing longingly at me.

When Monkey-Girl called to ask me to pick up some diapers for the Phoebmeister, I wasn't expecting the the rainclouds of my day to part the way they did when I walked down the soda aisle on a whim. In addition to the pictured 20-ounce bottle, I also picked up two 12-packs. I know the rule is three sentences to a paragraph, but that first one was such doozey I'll let myself slide. Wait, that last one made three and this one makes four. I should probably reconsider this whole paragraph.

Optimus Prime (red), Ultra Magnus (white), and Nemesis Prime (black) are all posing around my Cranberry Splash in an effort to absorb some extra cool. Can your soda do that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And Wil is just as pumped about this holiday treat. This past weekend he had eggnog, a pomegranite, and the Sholiday sierra mist. The holidays are good!

Kate said...

I just found this lovely little treat this year. It tastes like Shirley Temple in a bottle. Deee-lish!