Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome Our Newest Member


The components of the fearsome Dorothy-Bot, Oscar and Elmo, have recently been seen cavorting with a new and equally vile friend. Say hello to the alien from Alien. Just how did Mr. Alien come to join our family? Since you asked, I'll share a cute story about my amazing daughter.

Yesterday Phoeb-a-loo accompanied me to the comic shop. The shop owner was a little panicked because I had TWO WEEKS of comics to pick up. Turns out two weeks of comics equates to two comics. I didn't think that was exactly enough to make the lease payment, but what the heck! While in the shop, Phoebster was rummaging through the loose toy bin. In a tub full of Bug's Life and Pokemon toys my daughter found the tailless alien. It does make sense. Remember her second photo shoot? No? Check it out and remember to click the link there. (Two clicks! I know. I'm asking a lot.)

When your two-year-old daughter is clutching a twelve-inch Alien action figure, it's hard to say no. Since the toy was less then the price of one of my comics I would have felt guilty had I not caved. I don't know if that last statement says more about the affordability of the toy or the skyrocketing cost of comics.

I especially like how proper he looks with his hands on his knees. Such a gentleman! Phoeb-a-rino's favorite thing to do with him is lace his fingers and declare that he is praying. It just goes to show you. NO ONE is beyond redemption.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a Pheobalicious story!Gma Berger