Friday, March 19, 2010

. . . Aaaaaaaaand Done!

Happy: I gave my finals today. That means I am, practically speaking, done with my second quarter teaching at the technical college. Today alone, I have heard more appreciation from my students than I can recall getting from my high school students for five years. That is not to say I never got praise from my students. Its was just little and rare.

One student in particular gave me this apple. He's a truck driver by trade and not the type you'd expect to get sentimental. Still, he was nearly choked-up as he thanked me for being his teacher this past ten weeks.

I will come in on Monday, but there won't be any students and I'll be done early. It will be a quiet day. After that, I have two weeks off.

I'm already looking forward to the beginning of next quarter.

Sad: I forgot to buy Swiss cheese to make rubens with Wednesday's corned beef. There's a few other things I aught to pick up. I'm just feeling lazy and Wal-Mart is never a pick-me-up.

No comments: