Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where Are My Dice?

Happy: I get to drink Guinness on a weeknight without feeling guilty.

Sad: My dice keep wandering off. It seems each time Mthr. M-G and I move, I end up losing my gaming dice. Years ago I lost about $20 in dice and a chainmail dice bag I made for them. It was awesome. When I started playing D&D in Tennessee, I had to buy new dice. I had five sets. That's probably $30 retail. Now I'm Dungeon Mastering tomorrow and I can't find any dice. I know players should bring their own, but I'd like to be prepared for the newcomer braving the monolithic horror that is D&D for the first time. "See? It's not so bad. Just tell me what your characters does and role some dice when I ask you to. You don't have any? Here. Use mine." Isn't that so much better than, "What do you mean you don't have a d12? Get out of my face, noob! You don't deserve D&D!!"

Also, my little Cthulhu doll has been misplaced.

Maybe he has my dice. Wow, he IS evil.

3 comments:

Gamer Queen said...

I will be sure to send you some dice; I've had the same ones for 10+ years now and they roll amazingly.

And go home noob! (just kidding... kind of...)

Happy St. Pat.'s to my non-Irish kin!

Unknown said...

No need to do that. I still have the awesome set you and A. gave me for your wedding. The store owner should be able to order some for the players by the time you get yours down here.

"Get your own dice, NOOB!"

I was mostly complaining about playing that first session with just the one, admitedly awesome set.

I just had a thought! I'll raid my Heroscape vat for some d20s. That'll help a lot.

So glad we talked, Sis'!

Gamer Queen said...

All the guys LOVED their dice; Matt C. claims that his d20 is a cheater dice because it rolls so well constantly.

It is nice to have extra dice for new players. Ben is running a 4E game right now and between the 10 of us we had enough extra dice for the newer players to have their own sets of necessary dice.

And yeah, a lot of my dice are Dragon Dice or Monopoly d6s. Gotta love board games!