Thursday, January 25, 2007

Influenza Vacation

Due to Middle Tennessee's little flu crisis, there are so many teachers calling in sick there aren't enough substitutes to cover for them. Accordingly, the Director of Schools has canceled school for the entire county. I have an unexpected three-day weekend!

I'm planning on using the time to play with the new photo editor I found. (I'm really close to launching the little project I've been thinking about for a while.) I'm also going to work on getting some of my junk up on Ebay.

Until then, I'll be putting a dent in the book I'm currently reading, Star Wars-Legacy of the Force: Tempest by Troy Denning. Like many Star Wars novels it has and excessively long title. The book, like the entire Legacy of the Force series, is quite good. It is set some forty years after the events of Return of the Jedi. Han and Leia's son, Jacen, sees the destructiveness of disorder in the galaxy and decides to do something about it. To affect change he'll need power. We Star Wars fans know the quickest path to power. The Dark Side.

The series is a wonderful exploration of a good man doing what he knows to be the right thing, but failing to see the downward spiral he is descending. I'd recommend the series to anyone interested in reading about the Star Wars universe beyond the films. The first book is Star Wars-Legacy of the Force: Tempest by Aaron Allston.

No comments: