Monday, January 22, 2007

The Vader Shrine


I must admit I get a little weak in the knees over Star Wars. I'll go so far as to say I giggled like a little school girl when I found out about the prequel trilogy almost ten years ago. I stood in line to get Episode I tickets like the rest of the suckers. Now, I'll admit there seemed to be a little something lacking in that first film, but on the whole the spirit of the original trilogy remains. By no means did I rush to decry George Lucas as a hack while simultaneously burning copies of The Bantha Trader and writing a, "Why Jar-Jar is the Anti-Christ," article.

That being said, I have to say that Revenge of the Sith contains one of the greatest moments in cinema for 2005: the birth of Darth Vader. This entity of evil from my childhood was back in one labored, mechanical breath. It was a good thing Monkey-Girl had picked up extra napkins.

Along with the movie came a deluge of marketing crap that I was all too eager to gobble up. Limited finances (and storage) led me to limit my merchandising intake. Naturally, Vader was my man.

Here is my shelf at school. The kids think it's weird. I think they're weird. It works.

No comments: