Monday, November 23, 2009

Cookies!



Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) defines a novel as a work of fiction of 40,000 words or more. That means I technically qualify as a novelist. Never mind that a novel published today is about 100,000 words and an epic science fiction or fantasy novel is about 200,000 words.

To celebrate my new title, I baked six-spice oatmeal raisin cookies--minus cinnamon, so five-spice, I guess. Mthr. M-G appreciated it. My eyes appreciated getting out from in front of a back-lit computer monitor for an hour.

--penguin_poet, novelist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Right on target with over 80% AND great blogging AND fabulous updates of your beautiful, funny, and dare I say, really intelligent daughter! Happy birthday early, because who knows when I'll get to it tomorrow. Love, GBerger

Anonymous said...

Happy 33rd Birthday. Sorry I missed you with a phone call. Hope you and your girls were having a great night.Great pictures of the girls. Keep up the great work with the writing.Love,Mom