Monday, November 9, 2009

My Back Against the Wall

When you're having to battle against a seemingly insurmountable word count it helps to have friends. Power Up Optimus Prime here is a good choice, especially if your word count comes in the form of evil toy robots.

My help this evening was the ever patient, ever lovely, Mthr. M-G. After playing chauffeur to Phoebester and me, she was perfectly willing to drive out of our way to pick up dinner rather than ask me to cook. I then spent nearly four hours at the keyboard posting my single highest word count this month just so I could make up for a big fat ZERO yesterday.

Not once has Mthr. M-G complained about my time away in novel-land. (Although she did just offer an unsolicited grammar correction from over my shoulder.) For that, she outranks the big guy here. (But come on! He's looking pretty awesome, right!)

Thank you to my two cyber cheerleaders, Gamer Queen and Grandma Berger. You ladies are great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we're just so darn proud to know ya is all! And now that Gamer Queen is an archeologist, it's getting wonderfully weird how you two are actualy working on my fantasy interests. Keep up the good work! Love, GBerger

Gamer Queen said...

I'm always here for you bro. If me checking your blog daily to keep you on track, I'm doing it. Congrats on the 30%

Aunt E in WI

Gamer Queen said...

p.s. I'm an archeologist? Nope, just a poor History major. =-) Penguin Poet just happens to be my oldest brother. (who is also awesome!)

Although I guess I watch enough Discovery/History channel to qualify as an amateur archeologist...

Anonymous said...

34%! Keep going! And Gamer Queen, I know you're not a real archeologist, but it's still very cool that you found a fossil, so let me just pretend a little, ok? Now, Matthew, keep up the good work! GBerger