Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dr. Pepper is Novel Fuel

In late August Wal-Mart featured pallets full of these football shaped half-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper as a promotion for the beginning of football season. By early October, Wally World still had half a pallet of the stuff so they marked it for clearance at $0.25 a bottle.

I was trying to make up my mind as to whether or not to give NaNoWriMo another go at that time. Then it struck me. For $7.50 (plus tax) I could supply myself with daily writing rewards for the duration of the event. That sealed it. (Hey, books have been writen for worse reasons.)

These cases have been taking up pantry space for a month. On Halloween night, I put one of these into the refrigerator and as I've made my goal of 1,667 words each day I've taken a cold 500 ml of southern refreshment to celebrate. Day by the the pantry will empty as my word count rises.

Also, "Remember, remember the fifth of November . . ."

1 comment:

Gamer Queen said...

"Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."

Keep up the good work! And rewards of sweet soda are awesome. 18% and plowing along! Woo hoo!