Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Turkey Time

As promised earlier, here is the turkey on display at Phoeb-a-roni's day care. Each of the children decorated a feather with their family and brought it back to be a part of the beautiful plumage. I think we did very well all things considered.

Tom here has been up for a couple of weeks now. I only just snapped a picture today as I dropped Phoebekah off at school this morning. The timing of the picture is kind of inspired actually. As we emptied Phoebemeister's school bag, I found the next Family Project. We have to decorate a 4 inch round(ish) paper ornament for Monday.

You, faithful readers (yes, both of you), get to help. What can we do to spice up this white piece of paper? Post your suggestions in the comments. Stay tuned to find out what we did.

Finally, I would like to announce the first ever Penguin Postings contest. The first person to correctly identify the Monty Python reference in this post wins a prize. Mthr. M-G you are not eligible. Good luck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we did very well all things considered. GBerger

Anonymous said...

Great turkey by the way and fabulous word numbers! Keep it up! GBerger

Gamer Queen said...

I will ponder this, as well as try to spot the MP reference. Me and my old man will get back to you.

Beautiful turkey, btw. And keep working that keyboard for nanowrimo!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I missed the great pictures posted yesterday. What a total sweetheart! Great Teeth! Also, an amazing number of words from her Daddy. Super work! Love, GBerger

Unknown said...

Still no winner of the MP contest. Here's your clue. It's from a famous Flying Circus sketch featuring Michael Palin and recent septuagenarian, John Cleese.

Gamer Queen said...

Suggestions for the ornament- Family picture with lots of sequins and sparkles and a little holiday flair.

MP Reference- Uncle Double A and I scrutinized this post for almost a half hour before giving up. It made Uncle Double A sad, since he is an avid lover of MP. We _thought_ it was "I think we did things very well all things considered," but Grandma Berger guessed that and she was incorrect. Apparently we all are failures at Monty Python trivia. Oh well.

Post pics of the ornament when its done please!

Aunt E from WI