Saturday, November 7, 2009

Creative Writing: The Geek Way

When I take on any project of moderate to long duration, I find it helps to make a chart. It's nice to have a visual means of recognizing where I've been and where I'm headed. Tonight, I'm sharing my chart with you.

The blue line, labeled Pace, symbolizes the total word count necessary to win NaNoWriMo. The red line, labeled Total, is my personal total word count. As long as the red line stays above the blue line I'm doing fine. If the red line dips below the blue line, I've fallen behind.

I'd like to get a little further ahead than I already am. I'd be nice to have a day's writing as a safety net.

By the way, I've gotten further this year than last. Even if I crash and burn now, I've made progress.

Thanks for checking on me.

3 comments:

Gamer Queen said...

I always love to check in; you're my awesome big brother who is amazing in every way. Big congratulations from the Schalk's! I am so glad you are still succeeding towards your goal.

Keep those keys clacking all you can! 25% and growing steadily! Keep on truckin' bro!

Unknown said...

You're bringing a tear to my eye, sis'. (Maybe it's just the lack of sleep.) Thank you so much!

Gamer Queen said...

I don't mean to make ya cry, unless it's in a good way. =-) I just know how much I like to be encouraged; it helps me reach my accomplishments better and faster. And so, like the saying goes, treat others as you would like to be treated.

Have a great Sunday, kiss your womens for me, and keep on writing!