Monday, December 10, 2007

Mr. Jones, You've Let Me Down

The Jones Soda Company made a name for themselves by creating ridiculous flavors for carbonated beverages. The Thanksgiving Holiday Pack -- sporting such flavors as turkey and gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes -- put them on the map.

Since then they've made an effort to legitimize themselves with more sane offerings. Cream soda, green apple, and berry lemonade can now be found in Wal-Mart's soda aisle.
Besides being more accessible, Jones is trying to be more healthy. Their sodas are made with pure cane sugar. No high-fructose corn syrup here. Those trying to be nice to their bodies will be happy for that.

Wanting to be a healthier daddy, I sought out one of my favorite varieties of soft drink: root beer. Having found the Jones version of said nectar, I have this to report . . . eh.

For me, all root beers can be divided into two distinct camps: sweet and spicy. Sweet can be best summed up by its representative A&W. Its title says it all -- that is -- not much. Spicy, on the other hand, is an acquired taste I'll admit. Once acquired however, a world of flavor will be opened unto the brave taster. Spicy, you are my muse!

Jones, you are no spicy.

As for me, I will trust in my faithful IBC root beer. Poor, poor liver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you actually try the turkey and gravy soda???
Sounds harsh.....