Thursday, December 20, 2007

Technical Difficulties


Sorry. I had quite the head of steam built up there for awhile. It was my intention to update this blog each day through year's end and possibly beyond. Well, reality stepped in and put the kibosh on that. My laptop died again. To compound the issue, I can't find our camera.

I've decided that in spite of these setbacks I will attempt an update. Here it goes:

Today is the last full day of school before Winter Break. (Your titles have to be secular when you're in a public school.) The kids are crazed. The teachers are manic. All is well with the world. The halls and class rooms are decked out in festive regalia. (I too was able to contribute, but more on that later.)

My favorite decoration, unfortunately, has to be described in words. (Again, no camera.) There is a strand of garland arcing over our heads in one hallway with signs hanging from it. The signs read, "Have a Holley Jolley Christmas!" Now before you go hanging your head in shame at the decline of the American education system, let me explain.

Kathryn Holley, our art teacher, is the occupant of the room to the left of the previously mentioned garland. Likewise, Roger Jolley, social studies, is the teacher on its right side. So, in fact, its a clever decoration. Yay!

No comments: