Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back in Wisconsin Again


Phoebe is visiting her family this week. We, of course, accompanied her. Here are the facts so far.

  1. Third shift is a great time to drive! We left Sewanee at 11:16 pm Thursday and arrived in Waukesha at 11:34 am Friday. That's with a total of nearly two hours of stops for attending Phoebe and fueling the car.

  2. Change your air filter! We got an extra 3 mpg on our trip thanks to that. Total mpg this trip: 46. Thank you Volkswagen's TDI engine.

  3. It's a small world. I met a colleague in a random southern-Indiana Waffle House at 3:30 in the morning. She was taking a french foreign exchange student to see the sights in Chicago. Weird.

  4. Wisconsin is King of the Custard Stand. We've been to Kopp's and Culver's in less than a week. If you don't know what I'm talking about than you have NO IDEA what you're missing. This is just proof that God loves Wisconsin.

  5. Food poisoning sucks! I've been messed up since Sunday night. Under doctor's orders, I received 2 litres of saline on Monday afternoon to keep me from dehydrating. I only just started eating real food again today (Wednesday) and I'm still a bit queasy.

  6. Family is amazing. I have had a wonderful time, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. I don't want to go back and not just because I start teaching next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell yea WI! You don't realize how much of a cheesehead you are until you hit your home turf. Can't wait to see you again bro.

Kate said...

Oh, goodness yes. I went back the second week of July and my first stop was Culvers. On my way back to MN, we stopped in Milwaukee for Kopps. If I'd had time I would have tried to hit Leon's and Oscar's as well.

Our closest Culver's is 15 minutes away. Travesty!!

Hope your little one is as good a roadtripper as mine was. Good luck this coming school year!