Monday, July 7, 2008

God Bless Late Night Television

In the later days of Monkey-Girl's pregnancy, she found she was unable to fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Consequently, so did I. Phoebe has helped us keep up this new-found tradition.

When no sane persons are awake, there is little available for broadcast entertainment. The basic cable channels offer very little worth watching at 2 am. I can't count how many times I've seen Die Hard and Die Hard: With a Vengeance. I can't believe they've never heard of Die Hard 2! My lowest point may just have been watching most of Sylvester Stallone's Cliffhanger.

Tonight's prospects are a little better. We're watching The Fifth Element. It's nice because I remember seeing this in the theater with Monkey-Girl when we first started dating. Now Phoebe can be indoctrinated. Nice.

Then again it's still early. I'm sure Sly is waiting for me somewhere on the other side of midnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fifth Element. Supreme Being.

:)

I saw that movie on TBS the other night in a fit of pregnancy-induced insomnia. I understand your sentiments completely.