Monday, July 7, 2008

Slagathor Lives!

Monkey-Girl and I are big fans of the television show Scrubs. A favorite character is Dr. Bob Kelso, Sacred Heart Hospital's Chief of Medicine. Kelso is cold, heartless and cruel, driven primarily by the hospital's bottom line rather than the well-being of patients. A recent episode shows Kelso introducing himself to the new interns. He states that, for expediency's sake, he will be referring to all the males as Dave and the females as Debbie. A woman happily says that her name IS Debbie. Kelso replys that, in fairness to the others, she will be called Slagathor.

For some reason, we fell in love with the name. It's so awful and inhuman! Now, why would I associate this hideous name with my lovely daughter? Well just look at her!

Everybody's entitled to a few bad pictures now and then. To demonstrate this, I've added a button to the side of this blog. It will lead you to Phoebe's album on Photobucket. All of her pictures - good and bad - will be added as they are taken. Keep an eye on the updates to stay in the know on the Phoebster!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on Slagathor! Perhaps we can meet when my wife, children, and I come to the Mountain.

Josh

Gamer Queen said...

You two are cruel and inhuman... Slagathor... So what if she's newborn and kind of unsightly... =-) Babies aren't cute, but we love them.

I love you both anyway. Keep me posted on important baby news. Give Phoebe, (and yourselves) all my love and prayers and hugs and kisses.

Auntie E

Unknown said...

GQ,

You misunderstood. My daughter is the most beautiful baby in the world.

She just has her DMV photos like the rest of us. Because she's related to us we must tease her for this. Otherwise she'd think we didn't care.

-PP

Gamer Queen said...

Forgive me. She is beautiful and wondrous and awesome. =-) But if I didn't tease her she wouldn't be a Schnaare. =-) Let's hope she doesn't cry "It's too much!" like me and Uncle B. (when she can talk)

Love you!