Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent, Day Nine


Grimlock: Me, Grimlock, Bring you to other Autobots. They help us find your baby.

Momma Deer: I do hope so. Sorry about the whole eating me thing, by the way.

Grimlock: It happen all the time. Forget it.

Momma Deer: If his father got a hold of him, I don't know what I'd--

Grimlock: Shhhh. We here. Me, Grimlock, have to sneak you in. Prowl in charge now. He can be real pain in aft.

Mirage (voice): I wouldn't say that, man.



Grimlock: Ah!!

Momma Deer: Eeeee!!



Grimlock: Me, Grimlock, tell Mirage not to sneak up on him while Mirage invisible.

Mirage: I'm on sentry duty, dude. Hey! Is that the little deer we're after?

Momma Deer: I believe that little deer would be MY little dear.

Mirage: What? Hey, no fair telling jokes that only make sense when you read 'em!



Mirage: Prowl says we have to bring you STRAIGHT to him. Grimlock man, the dude's wound tighter than the mainspring on OCD patient's wristwatch.

Momma Deer: *whispers* Grimlock, what is he saying?

Grimlock: *whispers* Ignore Mirage. Him discover idiom this summer. Now we ALL suffer.



Back at Autobot Headquarters...

Mirage: Prowl my man, I have returned with Grimlock AND a she-deer.

Prowl: Great work! Ma'am, I must say we're relieved to see you. We heard that you had died.

Momma Deer: Is that what you told them, Jerry?

Father Deer: I refuse to explain myself to you, you witch!

Momma Deer: I'll tear your eyes out!!!

Father Deer: I want to see you TRY!!!



Hound: Whoa, whoa, whoa! What is this? I'd think you'd be thrilled to see your wife alive.

Father Deer: You would, wouldn't you.



Prowl: Hound what are you doing bursting in on my debriefing? You said you were visiting the calendar today.



Hound: I told you, Prowl. I have to visit it EVERY day. That's why it's a calendar and not a whenever-the-pit-you-feel-like-it.

Prowl: That's enough!



Hound: Sure thing. I can see that tensions are a bit high. That's why I brought today's present back to base. I thought it might make the ol' HQ feel a bit more festive.

Silence

Hound: Well, I suppose we can all just sleep or power down for the night and see if things look a little better in the light of day.

Momma Deer: Fine.

Father Deer: Fine.

Prowl: Fine.

Grimlock: Okay.

Mirage: ...what?


That Night, Far from the Autobot Headquarters....