Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Haunted by Entomology

The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Read for the Record Tomorrow, is Jumpstart's annual Read for the Record event.

Jumpstart unites college students and preschoolers in an effort to equip every child for success. Read more about them at their website.

In an effort to promote their efforts, they have organized these Read for the Record events. On one day hundreds of thousands of people share the joy of read a single book. Last year over 700,000 read Corduroy. This year the goal is one million readers of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Phoeb-a-loo, Mthr. M-G and your blog host have pledged to read. We even have our official campaign book. Join us!

5 comments:

Auntie A said...

Thursdays just so happen to be our library day! I think we're in. What a quinkydink.

Gamer Queen said...

I wish I had a pre-schooler, since both my nieces are taken. =-) Does a 20 lb. cat qualify?

Anonymous said...

How about 2 14 lb. cats or should I call Elizabeth and read it to her?
Grammy

Our Side of the Mountain said...

We're so in!

Gamer Queen said...

Mom- Well, I am a college student... =-)