Friday, October 16, 2009

A Taste of the Old Country--er, ah Town

Few people outside of Kenosha may have even heard of European baked potato pizza from Roger & Marv's SuperValu. I haven't lived in K-Town for eight years, but the memory of the pizza was itching at my taste buds this afternoon. A trip to a local grocer, and half an hour of preparation later, and I was able to scratch that itch.

For those of you outside of Kenosha's loving arms, here's my approximation of the original.

Start with a par-baked pizza crust lightly brushed with olive oil, lightly coated with sour cream and sprinkled with black pepper, garlic powder and minced onion. Top with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. Crowd on baked potato slices, green onion, and cooked bacon. Now bake that bad boy in a 450 degree oven for ten minutes or until the cheese you can see is golden.

Don't be weirded out. Give it a try!

1 comment:

Gamer Queen said...

I am usually a big fan of hometown food but I always thought that pizza was a little gross. To each his own, bro. =-) Enjoy.

Auntie E