Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Twenty-Three

MacReady: What are you two doing here?

Kid in the Helmet: Getting you a proper trailer.

Leonard: Also, getting away from those useless 'bots.

MacReady: Well, I surely appreciate it.

Kid in the Helmet: I brought you your fish!

MacReady: Great.

MacReady: Looks like we're loaded up.  Thanks again.  You two get back to the Calendar where it's safe, hear?

Leonard: You know, KitH, I'd really rather wait here in the middle of nowhere facing certain, slow death than return to those idiot robots.

Kid in the Helmet: He forgot his fish!

Leonard: That's nice.

At the Calendar . . . .

*POKE!  Tear, tear, tear.*

Rover: Hrrrn?

Officer Walken: Would you look at this!  The presents are opening themselves now.

Rover: Rrrrruff!

Bumblebee: He's cute, but what is he trying to say?

Officer Walken: He's just a dog.  He doesn't know what he's-- Hey!  Where's he going?

Bumblebee: It's almost like he wants us to follow him.

Officer Walken: Yeah . . . almost.

Officer Walken: It's almost like he doesn't think it's safe here.

Bumblebee: Silly quadrupeds.

Near the Edge of Town . . . .

MacReady: Whoa!  I didn't see you there.

Silver Surfer: I didn't wish it.

MacReady: Normally a shiny, naked dude on a surf board in the middle of a field is the sort of thing that would throw me off.  This month has been a little different.  So I'll just ask you to move over so I can get to town and stop the end of the world using a bank safe, an axe, and my last tube of Chap Stick®.

Silver Surfer: Too late.

No comments: