Friday, December 17, 2010

Contest Time!

Meet the twins. Not the twins from the Revenge of the Fallen. Not the Lamborghini twins from G1 (featured in last year's Advent Calendar). Here are my twin Starscreams.

On the left is the 2006 Transformers: Classics Deluxe Starscream released in wave 1 of the series. This mold has been used MANY times to create other G1 jet characters.

In 2008, the mold was used again to create a new, more faithful, recreation of the original Starscream toy in wave 4 of the Transformers: Universe line. The brighter colors and more accurate paint applications take a good toy to the next level for the adult collector, namely: me. The 2008 version is also more compatible with an after-market upgrade that I purchased at BotCon this past June. (Stay tuned to see the upgrade featured in the comic.)

Speaking of the web comic, careful readers will be able to win the 2006 version of Starscream for themselves. Want to know what you have to do to win?

In the comments for this entry, post the Marx Brothers reference in this year's Advent Calendar. The first person to answer most correctly will win the Screamer.

Good luck, all!

4 comments:

BradK said...

Captain Spaulding

Gamer Queen said...

Now I'm gonna have to re-read all your Advent posts! (Not like it's a chore or anything!) I don't know much Marx brothers but I'll keep my eyes open.

Unknown said...

BradK,

Congratulations! Please email me your physical mailing address.

BradK said...

I hereby donate my winnings to your firstborn to enhance her formative years with a role model for cunning, determination, and having the same voice as Cobra Commander - Starscream.