Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Bonus: The Greatest Cake . . .

. . . NOT sampled at last night's clericus meeting/Advent party. Poor Lisa Caffery's Stout Cake.

To be fair, its competition was a pumpkin cheesecake and a trifle the group had loved in the past. This was my first year on dessert duty. (Even though everyone claimed to LOVE my meatball appetizer last year.)

The missing piece is due mostly to myself. One fellow spouse did try it and had to pull me aside to tell me how much she liked it. She was so secretive about it that I now wonder if new desserts are even allowed to be enjoyed. Maybe it hasn't paid its dues.

Also, today's Advent entry will be late as I did not take pictures last night due to being wiped out by the above-mentioned party. Check back before ten. I should have it up by then.

No comments: